What Is Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization refers to the process of enhancing both quality and quantity of website traffic by improving the visibility of a website to search engine users. It targets various types of search such as news search, image search, video search etc. SEO inspects how search engines work, dictates search engines behavior, and observes what users mostly search for. Understanding SEO becomes necessary so as to make you aware about the brands and products and also to enhance traffic.
Why Is SEO Important
At present, a number of people seek quality content. You can help the find it by turning into a SEO professional. 80% of the website’s traffic starts with a search query. It takes a lot of effort to become a SEO expert. That is why it is important to tune into latest news to stay updated since Google algorithms are constantly being updated. Therefore SEO is important to your progress.
Techniques to Increase Search Traffic
Following are the ways by which you can achieve search engine optimization success:
- Complete SEO Audit: Examining or auditing your website will help you understand why you are not able to get desired search traffic and sales.
- Learn What Your Users Want: You must learn to focus on what your targeted clients want. Once you are able to understand what genre of content your audience is looking for, it would become easier for you to serve accordingly.
- Create Optimized Landing Pages: Your landing pages should be well designed so as to enhance lead generation and sales growth. Also you must create a number of landing pages. Your goal should be to attract as many clients as possible.
- Your Site Should Be Mobile Friendly: You must make sure that your website looks attractive and performs well on cell phones since mobile devices are more popular than other appliances.
- Enhance Traffic With Infographics: If you want to place information about your products and services that could influence customers more quickly and easily, then you must provide infographics which are visual educators. Infographics go a long way than usual text blogs.
- Optimize Your Content For RankBrain: If you want to achieve a high position in state rankings, you must keep yourself updated with latest Google algorithms, using a system called RankBrain. You must also be aware of all the most preferred SEO practices.
- Your Content Length Should Be Limited: You must write at least up to 1900 words. A shorter content is also preferred provided the content must possess quality. Contents of longer length are hardly found attractive.
- Write A Roundup Post: You must interview a number of people to get new and different viewpoints about your post so that you would be able to select the best of them. Not only will you get to learn new things but this will also improve your SEO rankings and search traffic.
Here’s a checklist for Best ways you could do Technical SEO(Source: LinkedIn):
With these tips in mind, you will surely make the most of your SEO strategies and techniques.